Nick became a Chartered Town Planner in 2012 and has over ten years of experience in the private sector. Nick joined DWD in October 2014 and prior to this he was seconded long-term to the Thames Tideway Tunnel Project (a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project) and gained experience from early stage involvement in the process of obtaining the Development Consent Order (DCO) under the Planning Act 2008.
Nick has worked across a range of development sectors including residential, commercial, mixed-use, energy and major infrastructure. He specialises in planning feasibility, formulating robust planning strategies, managing the application process and project management. He has successfully promoted developments in the green belt and other countryside locations as well as on constrained urban sites.
Throughout various projects, Nick has liaised with planning authorities and statutory consultees, negotiated planning and environmental issues, participated at community consultation exercises and provided support at public inquiries.
- Retail and Commercial
- Industrial and Warehousing
- Planning feasibility appraisals
- Formulating and advising on planning strategy
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating planning and prior approval applications
- Preparing and submitting planning appeals
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams