DWD provides strategic planning, site assembly and valuation advice to Countryside Properties and L&Q to deliver a vibrant new district for Chelmsford set around the former King Henry VIII s Tudor Palace, and its estate parkland, the development is conceived as a series of individually designed neighbourhoods that connect to the wider landscape.
DWD secured outline planning consent in March 2014 for up to 3,600 new homes, a neighbourhood centre, three schools, community facilities, a new radial distributor road, public transport provisions and a new business park.
DWD helped secure the undergrounding of Overhead Lines and the relocation of Gas Pipeline through negotiations with National Grid and providing valuation advice to Countryside.
DWD s planning team continue to lead on the delivery of housing on site and has obtained detailed planning consent for over 1,200 new homes, the Neighbourhood Centre, significant areas of public open space and public art as well as the radial distributor road through a number of reserved matters applications. DWD s property team also continue to assist and advise on strategic and valuation matters.
Awards and Commendations
- Winner of the Infrastructure Planning Category at the Planning Awards 2018
- Winner of the Best Mixed Use Development (UK) at the International Property Awards 2018
- Highly commended for the Best Housing Scheme (500 Homes or More) at the Planning Awards 2018
- Shortlisted for Best Placemaking at the British Homes Awards 2018
- Shortlisted in the RTPI East of England Planning for Excellence Awards 2018
- Finalist in the category for Planning for Homes (large) at the RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence 2019