DWD have been instructed by a number of leaseholders at Peel Precinct, advising both commercial and residential claimants in relation to the on-going estate regeneration scheme and associated compulsory purchases.
On the 15 February 2017, the Planning Committee resolved to grant planning permission for the Peel site. Due to the size of the scheme, the application was referred to the Mayor of London. On 14 March 2017, the Mayor of London confirmed that he was content to allow Brent Council to determine the case itself.
The Peel site includes: Peel Precinct, 97-112 Carlton House, 8-14 Neville Close, 2A Canterbury Road and Peel site garages.
The scheme will deliver:
- 42 affordable homes for existing secure South Kilburn council tenants
- Up to 184 private sale homes
- A new health centre with flexible first floor space
- Three retail units at ground floor anticipated for pharmacy, caf and retail use
- Highways and Public Realm improvements including a new public space in front of the Health Centre
If you are affected by the scheme and require compulsory purchase advice, please contact Thomas Ferrier.