DWD provides a comprehensive business rates service to clients across the UK.
Business rates is a tax on the occupation of property and is one of the few taxes that is based on opinion. The DWD business rates team’s experience and expertise mean we can challenge those opinions confidently and manage business rates issues effectively.
Our mission is to work with our clients to reduce their business rates liability and remove the burden of business rates administration.
Our tax mitigation work falls into two distinct parts: challenging the level and configuration of business rates assessments and managing and exploiting the charging processes.
By taking ownership of our clients’ liabilities and applying the available tools we deliver our clients objectives.
We reduce rateable values, we manage rates payment processes and we improve our clients profitability.
- Appeal submission, negotiation, and settlement
- Managing liabilities for property undergoing works to Business Rates Mitigation
- Portfolio forecasting and individual budgeting, including for proposed acquisitions
- Exemption and rate relief management
- Rate demand auditing and authentication
- Rate payment services; from ‘check and forward’ to full rate payment
- Duty to Notify services
- BID Levy advice
- Historic business rate audits
- VO Rental Information Request support
The result for our clients is a minimised business rates liability with the burden of business rates administration transferred to DWD.
Our aim is to reduce liability and to allow our clients to focus fully on their business.
For further information regarding business rates, upcoming changes and the service we provide, please download our Business Rates Briefing.